Sunday, November 15, 2009

Gucci Mane V Young Jeezy V My Own Worst Enemy



It’s been a hotly debated topic in the comments section every time we’ve had a Gucci Mane-related post, drawing lines in the sand between fans claiming regional prefs, or fans fighting about the merits of high-brow vs low-brow raps, or even the Team Jeezy fans vs. the Team Gucci splits. But one thing that keeps coming up again and again is the recognition of this widespread Gucci-Mania that has gone from “the Trap,” to pop radio to indie hipster to music-tv takeover, and more.

Well I got to see what the mania was all about when I was down in Atlanta….Gucci hasvery limited free time, but in between shooting multiple videos, eating lunch at the scripclub (lol), dropping 3 mixtapes at once, and holding court with his rabid fans, Gucci took me to the very housing complex where he grew up and admittedly screwed up in Zone 6/East Atlanta….to chat about many things (his history with T.I., being blacklisted in ATL, his childhood,etc). But in this clip, we talked about the song that surprised me the most.


Via: MissInfo

No comments:

Post a Comment